|::: Departments : Para Medical & Nursing|
School of Nursing
History of the School:
This school was initially started in the year 2004 with an annual intake of 50.In 2008, Govt of India has sanctioned an amount of Rs 150 lakhs to upgrade this school into College of Nursing. Govt has permitted to start New College of Nursing with annual intake of 50 students from 2010 .Now there are 3 batches of students are undergoing the course.
We the faculty of this School of Nursing, believe that this DGNM 3 ½ years programme will be able to prepare Quality Nurses to meet the standards of the profession, follow the code of ethics & deliver the quality and cost effective care in any settings.
· Prepare the first level Nurses to assume responsibilities as professional competent nurses and Midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
· Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations protect the rights and facilities of individual and groups in pursuit of health function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of Nurse supervisor and manager in a clinical and public health nursing
· Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioural sciences, medicine including alternatives systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
· Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors which affect health of individuals and groups.
· Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
· Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
· Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
· Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
· Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professionals conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
· Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and team work.
· Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
· Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
· Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/ community health settings.
· Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
· Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
NAME OF THE COURSE:
Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
3 ½ Years.
50 students (Non-stipendiary)
The candidate should be a citizen of India
i) Candidate should be a Native of Tamilnadu
ii) Candidates who have studied from VIII to XII standards in school in Tamilnadu need not enclose the “ Nativity certificate”
iii) Candidates who are native of Tamilnadu but studied from VIII to XII Std either partly or completely in schools situated outside Tamil Nadu should produce the “ Nativity Certificate”
iv) The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu should be issued by the component authority only in the specified format available in the application form and supported by a copy of passport/Ration card/ Birth certificate. If the copy of the supporting documents is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
v) Applications without a proper Nativity certificate will not be considered.
vi) Permanent residence certificate will not be accepted.
Minimum age will be 17 years and maximum age limit is 35 years as on 31st December 2012
(i) Candidates should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the higher secondary certificate Examination (Academic) conducted by the Tamilnadu State Board / any other equivalent Board with any group of subjects.
(ii) Candidates who have already completed Diploma in Nursing Course are not eligible to apply
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY MARKS:
(i) OC, BC, BCM, and MBC candidate’s minimum education 10+2 class any group with minimum 40% of marks.
(ii) SC/SCA/ST candidates’ minimum education 10+2 classes of any group with minimum 35% of marks.
(iii) Candidates should have studied Tamil as the first language and English as the second language.
We have adequate class rooms Laboratory & infra structure facilities as per Indian Nursing council Norms
Total Number of books available---980
Indian Journal-5, Foreign Journals -5
Daily News paper -2. (English & Tamil.)
· GNM (General Nursing & Midwifery) programme is residential.
· Nurse’s hostel was established in 1961, and is short distance from school of nursing & clinical area.
· Nurse’s hostel holds comfortable rooms with ambient ventilation and RO water facility for Nursing candidates.
Good Living rooms with adequate space . Each living room is occupied by 2 students respectively.
Toilet/Bathroom facility is in adequate numbers with Water facility.
Recreation centre holds indoor and outdoor game facility.
The visitor’s room ensures adequate space & comfortable seating.
KITCHEN AND DINNING HALL:
The kitchen and dining hall has better hygienic floor and seating arrangements.
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND COMMITTEES
· SNA-Student Nurses Association unit available and functioning.
· The SNA members of school of nursing, Chengalpattu Medical College actively participated in State level conferences and sports activities.
· Conducted rally on the Eve of World HIV/AIDS day.
· Participated in various competitions conducted on the Eve of National Mental Health day
· Participated in various competition on August 5th – World Breast feeding day
· Participated in programs of Tamilmandram conducted by Chengalpattu Medical College
· Festival celebration such as sarwathi pooja ,Deepavali & X-mas
The following clubs & Committees are in our school of nursing
- Anti-ragging committee
- Counselling committee
- Sports committee
- Environmental committee
- Hostel Management committee
- Mess committee
- Recreation committee
- Health committee